SEE OUR LIST OF CURRENT SCHOLARSHIP HIGHLIGHTS BELOW:
When the Scholarship Desk receives scholarship information it is listed here. This is a current list of active scholarships. It is updated daily, so check often and apply, apply, apply! These scholarships are also listed in the Database.
- 3.3 or higher cumulative GPA.
- You must take at least one advanced level (CE, AP, IB) in English, Math, and Science (see website for qualified classes).
- File FAFSA. This scholarship is not need-based, but they are encouraging more students to apply for FAFSA, so filing is a requirement to apply, but you DO NOT have to qualify.
- Scholarship funds are only allowed for tuition, so if you receive a merit scholarship that offers full tuition, you will not be able to use the Opportunity scholarship. However, the money is good for up to five years, so if the student loses the scholarship, they could have the money later.
- Dollar amount is not available until the end of the year; the committee considers the funding available and the number of qualifying students and determines how much money will go toward each student.
For all questions and for more information, please work directly with the Opportunity Scholarship office. You may find more information online. Deadline to apply has not been announced, but is anticipated for the fall. Watch closely.
PB&J Scholarship – For students who have experienced personal challenges that may not have allowed them to perform well academically (high GPA is not needed to qualify!). Open to high school seniors. Students need application, transcript, and letters of recommendation (1 required, 2 preferred). Amount: $500-1,000. Deadline: May 31, 2021. https://pbjscholarship.org/
Abbott & Fenner $1,000 Scholarship – For high school juniors and seniors. Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of our web site: http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm Scholarship Deadline: June 12, 2021.
2020 Honors GradU Design a Better Future Scholarship
- Read the Rules and Terms & Conditions (online)
- Design & work on a community improvement project, using our checklist as a guide.
- OPTIONAL: Share your work for some checkpoint feedback before the final deadline to increase your chance at winning. Submit your working strategy plan early (from the Navigate Ideas phase of design thinking), with any other work for which you would like feedback. Work must be submitted by May 28, 2021 for feedback. Depending on volume, we will get back to you within 2 weeks.
- Submit your design thinking project work by June 28, 2021 11:59 MST (see FAQ’s & Details page for link and details on submission requirements).
- We will select 5 winners to receive $10,000 tuition scholarships to their colleges, with the top one receiving $5,000 funding to launch their project into the design thinking cycle once more during the summer of 2021 to maximize impact. We select applications based on their completion, seriousness, and viability.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be graduating high school seniors planning on attending an accredited college or university in the United States of America. Additionally, students must have met all of the requirements described on this website (http://honorsgradu.com/). Employees of Honors Graduation and their families are not eligible to participate. Submissions must be received before the deadlines in order to qualify for the scholarship program. Mailed applications must be postmarked by that deadline. There are no citizenship requirements.
Cirkled In “No Sweat” Scholarship – Sign up for a Cirkled In account. Write a short essay to apply. No GPA requirement. Deadline June 30, 2021. https://www.cirkledin.com/scholarships/?ref=scholarship-flyer-free-sites
RevenueZen Social Selling Scholarship is an award for any current or soon-to-be undergrad who is looking to innovate the hiring process. In an ideal world, what would hiring and applying for a job look like? How will you stand out? The RevenueZen Scholarship has a brief submission process, and applicants will be judged on their ability to convey their idea for an innovative social selling process focused on getting hired at a specific company.
Application Deadline: December 15th each year
Award Amount: $1000
Link to Scholarship Webpage: https://get.revenuezen.com/
Utah Promise Scholarship – Students with Pell Grant eligibility (need-based through FAFSA) may receive full tuition and fees for up to two years. Other awards of similar value and requirements may be offered through your institution. Ask your financial aid officer about your eligibility.
Higher Education Success Stipend – grant available to undergraduate students with financial need who are studying in a Utah college. Ask your financial aid office for assistance.
New Century – high schools students who graduate with an associate degree or complete the Math and Science Curriculum Track may be eligible for a scholarship at select universities in Utah. Students must be US Citizen graduating from a UT high school, have a 3.0 minimum GPA, and fill out the FAFSA. Application open November – February 1st.
Regents’ Scholarship – Students with qualifying courses, 3.3 GPA, 22 ACT score, US Citizen, Utah HS graduate, filed FAFSA, meet all deadlines can apply for this scholarship. Application open November – February 1st. Value varies each year. See website for full details.
Talent Development Incentive Loan Program – Forgivable loan program for Utah residents who wish to study and work in one of the following careers: Information Science/Studies, Computer & Information Sciences, Computer & Info Systems Security/Info Assurance, Computer Systems Networking & Telecommunications, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems. Students should verify eligibility degree programs with institution. Students must first attend one semester in an associate’s program and two semesters in a bachelor’s program. Value: tuition, books and fees. Requirement: one year work = one year loan forgiveness. See institution financial aid office for details and qualifications.
T.H. Bell Scholarship – Available to those intent on entering the teaching profession at a public school in Utah. These applications are processed by the education department and/or financial aid offices at each institution. The award covers tuition, fees, and books for up to four years of full-time enrollment. Institution must have state-approved teacher education program. Priority for first-generation students and those intending to work in high-need fields.
WICHE Professional Student Exchange Program for students planning to attend one of the qualifying 11 western Out-of-State institutions. Students will pay reduced level of tuition. Completed forms are due 10/15/2020.