Financial Aid Scholarships
UTAH COLLEGES ARE ABLE TO OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS TO STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL FUNDING VIA THE FAFSA FORM.
Access Utah Promise Scholarship Program – The state of Utah provides assistance to qualifying students with financial need to cover up to full tuition at any Utah college. Eligibility requirements include: high school diploma, not previously earned an associate degree, Utah resident, demonstrate financial need, accept all other grants, tuition and/or fee waivers, and scholarships offered to intended institution, and maintain good academic standing in college. This is a Last Dollar scholarship, covering all remaining fees after all other waivers/scholarships/grants are used. See here for complete details. Students must file FAFSA for eligibility. Talk to your college financial aid office for more information.
Higher Education Success Stipend Program (HESSP) – State of Utah Grant and Work Study program for students who have financial need. This can be used at any Utah college. Eligibility includes: students must file FAFSA and be eligible for grants or work study assistance, be a Utah resident, be admitted to college and attend at least half-time, and maintain satisfactory academic progress. See here for complete details and talk to your college financial aid office for eligibility.
HERE ARE A FEW COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP SITES FOR STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR GRANTS THROUGH FAFSA.
ASK YOUR COLLEGE ABOUT OTHER OPTIONS. Be aware of early deadlines. Application for these scholarships are in conjunction with admission application and FAFSA completion.
- Cougar Pell Promise – https://enrollment.byu.edu/financialaid/cougar-pell-promise
- UVU – Greenlight Scholarship: https://www.uvu.edu/financialaid/scholarships/greenlight.html
- Weber – Dream Weber: https://www.weber.edu/dreamweber#:~:text=The%20Dream%20Weber%20program%20began,income%20was%20%2425%2C000%20or%20less.&text=The%20purpose%20of%20the%20Dream,earning%20potential%20throughout%20your%20life.
- SLCC – Promise: https://www.slcc.edu/promise/
- U of U – For Utah Scholarship: https://admissions.utah.edu/forutah/
- Westminster – Griffin Grant: https://westminstercollege.edu/paying-for-college/financial-aid/grants.html
- Dixie Promise
- SUU Promise – notify the SUU Financial Aid office that you would like to be added to the list of recipients
For more scholarship and financial aid information, see the Financial Aid link on our website.