Sign Up for Early Enrollment
What is Early Enrollment?
Early Enrollment allows eligible high school juniors and seniors to take classes on Salt Lake Community College’s campus prior to high school graduation. Students who are approved and admitted for early enrollment will pay the regular on-campus tuition rate for the courses in which they enroll. The current rate is approximately $230 per credit. Early Enrollment students will not be eligible for financial aid or scholarships through Salt Lake Community College until they (or their class) graduate from high school.
Who Is Eligible for Early Enrollment?
- have completed their sophomore year (10th grade).
- are currently enrolled in high school, OR registered as home schooled through the school district.
- demonstrate current college level proficiency by placing in ENGL 1010 and MATH 1010 or 1030. Test scores must be within 2 years for English and within 1 year for math to be accepted. ACT Reading score of 18 or higher and Math score of 19 or higher will also be accepted.
*NOTE: Test scores must be official. Make sure they are on your high school transcript or request transfer scores to be sent directly to SLCC (contact SLCC for the email address currently accepting test scores at 801-957-4214)
What Do I Need to Apply For Early Enrollment:
- SLCC Admission Application – $40.00 is NOT required if previously paid through Concurrent Enrollment
- Driver License # or State ID # (# needed on application)
- ACT or Accuplacer (CPT) scores, ACT scores must be official (math scores are acceptable if taken within one year of application, English is acceptable within two years)*
- High school transcript – must be official
- Parent Permission form – can be found under Forms.
- Permission letter from the high school counselor, principal, or vice principal (must be on letterhead). The letter must state the student is currently enrolled in high school and has permission to attend SLCC early.
How do I Apply for Early Enrollment
- Verify you will be able to meet the deadline for Early Enrollment Admissions posted on SLCC’s Academic Calendar
- To apply for Early Enrollment, click here and follow the prompts after you click on Apply Now
*NOTE: Newly accepted Early Enrollment Students who have not participated in Concurrent Enrollment are required to meet with an SLCC Advisor prior to registering for classes. The SLCC Advisor for CHHS is Lisa Molina 801-957-2125.